- John SMITH alias BLAND, b. ca. 1590, of Watertown, Mass., d. after 2 November 1663, Martha’s Vineyard, Mass., m. before 1615, Isabel DRAKE, b. ca. 1589, buried Watertown, Mass. 12 October 1639, daughter of William and Joan (Merrylls) DRAKE.
- Annabel SMITH, b. ca. 1615, d. Watertown, Mass., before August 1683, m. before 1635, William BARSHAM, b. ca. 1610, d. Watertown, Mass., 3 July 1684.
- John BARSHAM, b. Watertown, 8 December 1635, d. Portsmouth, N.H., 1698. Harvard Class of 1658, schoolmaster of Portsmouth, N.H., m. before 1670, Mehitable (---), d. Portsmouth, N.H. after April 1678.
- Sarah BARSHAM, b. Portsmouth, N.H., 11 August 1676, d. New Castle, N.H., 23 June 1752, m. first ca. 1694, Benjamin BICKFORD, b. Durham, N.H., 20 October 1672, d. between November 1697 and 1698, son of John and Temperance (HULL) Bickford, half sister of Reuben HULL (see Starr family descent). Sarah m. second, Jotham ODIORNE, Esq., b. New Castle, N.H., ca. 1675, d. there 16 August 1748, merchant, son of John and Mary (Johnson) ODIORNE.
- Temperance BICKFORD, b. Durham, N.H., ca. 1694, d. Kittery, Me., December 1786, m. first before 1718, John UNDERWOOD, b. ca. 1693, d. New Castle, N.H., before May 1727. Temperance m. second soon after 1727, George WALTON, b. New Castle, N.H., 24 December 1702, d. Portsmouth, N.H., before May 1784.
From here I wrote an article on the preponderance of evidence that this couple had a daughter who was the wife of Reuben Heard, son of Tristram and Jane (Snell) Heard who appear in the previous descent chart. Jane, Wife of Reuben4 Heard of Rochester, New Hampshire: Was she a Walton? An Enigma, New Hampshire Genealogical Record 23 (2006): 97-103.
Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration Begins; Immigrants to New England 1620-1633 Vol. 1 (NEHGS, Boston, 1995) 1:108-111. [Barsham sketch]
“John Smith of Watertown, Massachusetts” by Robert Charles Anderson, TAG 61 (1985):18-31.
Robert Charles Anderson The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-35 Vol. VI (R-S) (Boston, NEHGS, 2009). [Smith alias Bland sketch]
Genealogical Dictionary of ME and NH by Sybil Noyes, Charles Thornton Libby, and Walter Goodwin Davis (Portland, 1939, reprinted Baltimore, 1988).
Massachusetts and Maine Families in the Ancestry of Walter Goodwin Davis by Walter Goodwin Davis (Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, 1996), 3: 523-33.