- Thomas STANTON, b. ca. 1615, d. Stonington, Conn., 2 December 1677, m. before 1639, Ann LORD, bp. September 1614, Towcester, England, d. Stonington, Conn., 4 September 1688, daughter of Thomas and Dorothy (BIRD) LORD.
- Thomas STANTON, b. Hartford, Conn., ca. 1639, d. Stonington, Conn., 11 April 1718, m. ca. 1669, Sarah DENISON, b. Roxbury, Mass., 20 March 1641, d. Stonington, Conn., 19 December 1701, daughter of George and Bridget (THOMPSON) DENISON.
- Mary STANTON, b. Stonington, ca. 1660, d. after 1743, m. Saybrook, Conn., 22 January 1679, Robert LAY, b. Saybrook, 6 March 1654, d. there before 20 November 1742, son of Robert and Sarah (FENNER) LAY.
- Mary LAY, b. Saybrook, 3 October 1685, d. after 1734, m. 1st on 9 March 1704 at Stonington, Christopher MINOR, d. before 1709, son of Joseph and Mary (AVERY) MINOR, m. 2nd ca. 1709, Samuel DENISON, b. Stonington, September 1686, d. Saybrook, 2 June 1724, son of George and Mercy (GORHAM) DENISON. Mary m. 3rd on 20 November 1733 at Westbrook, Conn., Charles WILLIAMS.
- Gideon DENISON, b. Saybrook, November 1723, d. Westbrook, Conn., 3 August 1795, m. Saybrook, May 1752, Elizabeth CHALKER, b. Saybrook 22 May 1730, d. Westbrook, 23 June 1803, daughter of Stephen and Mehitable (CHAPMAN) CHALKER.
- Elizabeth DENISON, b. Saybrook, 21 August 1756, d. Newport, N.H. after 1820, m. Westbrook, Conn., 6 November 1774, Josiah DUDLEY, b. Saybrook, 27 December 1745, d. Newport or Lempster, N.H. after 1837, son of Daniel and Susanna (CHATFIELD) DUDLEY.
This last couple was the subject of an article I wrote: Searching for the Parents of Polly B. (Dudley) (Daniels) Learned, New Hampshire Genealogical Record, Vol. 20 (2003):141-150.
"Thomas Stanton of Connecticut and the Longbridge Tradition: An Old Dogma's Demise (Again) by Eugene Cole Zubrinsky, TAG 81 (2006):48-51.
“The Immigration and Early Whereabouts in America of Thomas Stanton of Connecticut: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom” by Eugene Cole Zubrinsky TAG 81 (2006):263-273.
Robert Charles Anderson The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-35 Vol. VI (R-S) (Boston, NEHGS, 2009).
The Descendants of Robert Lay of Saybrook, Conn.” by Edwin A. Hill, NEHGR 62 (1908):172-4.
“Denison Notes” by Albert Hunt Chase, TAG 30 (1954):103-4.
John Howland of the Mayflower: Volume 1; Descendants of Desire Howland Gorham by Elizabeth Pearson White (Picton Press, Camden, ME, 1990).
Wills of Gideon and Elizabeth (Chalker) Denison at Saybrook, CT Probate #575 and 570.