1. John Heard was born about 1610 and died at Dover, New Hampshire 17 January 1689/90. He married Elizabeth Hull, born about 1628 and died at Dover 30 November 1706, daughter of the Rev. Joseph and Joanne (---) Hull. John was a carpenter. John and Elizabeth had twelve children: Benjamin, William, Mary, Abigail, Elizabeth, Hannah, John, Joseph, Samuel, Dorcas, Tristram, and Nathaniel.
2a. Mary Heard born at Dover 26 January 1649/50 and died there 7 December 1706. She married at Dover 6 May 1668, John Ham, born say 1649 and died about 1728 at Dover. Together they had eight children.
2b. Tristram Heard born at Dover 4 March 1666 and died there 8 May 1734. He married about 1690, Abigail (---). Claims are that she was either a daughter of Richard Waldron or William Wentworth. Tristram and Abigail had eight children: Joseph, Tristram, Nathaniel, John, Abigail, Samuel, Elizabeth, and Mary.
3. Tristram Heard (Jr.) was born at Dover 26 March 1695 and died there 31 August 1723. He married at Portsmouth, New Hampshire on 4 May 1717, Jane Snell, born at Portsmouth 28 January 1696/7 and died at Rochester, New Hampshire after 1766, daughter of John and Elizabeth (Hull) Snell. Jane married secondly abt 1724, Benjamin Hayes born Dover 6 September 1700 and died 16 May 1756 at Rochester, New Hampshire, son of John and Mary (Horne) Hayes. Tristram and Jane had four children: John, Jane, Reuben and Tristram. Jane and Benjamin had an additional nine children: Benjamin, Abigail, George, Elizabeth, Hannah, Dodavah, George, Elizabeth, and Hannah.
4. Reuben Heard was born at Dover 9 March 1721/2 and died at Rochester, New Hampshire after 1806. He married about 1748, Jane Walton, born at Portsmouth, New Hampshire about 1727 and died 1819 at Rochester, New Hampshire, daughter of George and Temperance (Bickford) Walton. Reuben and Jane had eight children: Shadrach, Meshach, Abendego, Joseph, Jonathan, Elizabeth, Tristram, and Olive.
5. Jonathan Heard was born at Rochester, New Hampshire about 1758 and died at Farmington, New Hampshire after 30 April 1823. He married at Rochester 9 May 1782, Sarah Yeaton, born there about 1760 and living on 30 April 1823, daughter of Samuel and Patience (---) Yeaton. Jonathan and Sarah had at least four children: Relief, Frederick, Jane, and another unidentified daughter.
6. Frederick Heard/Hurd was born at Rochester about 1787 and died at Great Falls, New Hampshire 31 August 1846. He married at Rochester 28 November 1822, Nancy Ann Hayes, born Rochester 1795 and died at Dover, New Hampshire after 1860, daughter of Moses and Anna (Coffin) Hayes. Frederick had three sons, Benjamin Wingate, George, and William.
7. Benjamin Wingate Hurd was born June 1824 at Rochester, New Hampshire and died 12 March 1904 at Quindaro Township, Kansas. He married first 31 December 1846 at Holliston, Massachusetts, Abiah Russell Learned, born 5 June 1830 at Weld, Maine and died 5 January 1926 Corinna, Maine, daughter of Amos and Polly B. (Dudley) Learned. Benjamin abandoned his family before the Civil War, in which he fought as a member of the 6th Cavalry of Kansas, Company A. He married secondly Susannah Heck in Kansas. He appears to have married a third time to an Eliza (---). By his first wife, Benjamin had four daugthers: Mary F., Sarah Ann, Olive Ann, and Sarah Jane. By his second wife, Benjamin had four more children: Ruth, William J., Harvey, and Benjamin Wingate (Jr.).
8. Olive Ann Hurd was born at Dover June 1851 and died at Winchester, Massachusetts 13 May 1934. She married at Dover on 6 February 1869, George Hale Pinkham, born 3 July 1843 at Farmington, New Hampshire and died 12 November 1888 at Concord, New Hampshire. George also fought in the Civil War as a member of the 8th New Hampshire Volunteers. Olive and George had six children: Carrie May, Eva Maud, Fred M. Martha A., Burt Hale, and Annette J.
Heard-Hurd Genealogy 1610-1987: Some Descendants of John and Elizabeth (Hull) Heard of Dover, New Hampshire by Charles Samuel Candage and Ralph Ernest Peak (Picton Press, Camden, ME, 1988).
Genealogical Dictionary of ME and NH by Sybil Noyes, Charles Thornton Libby, and Walter Goodwin Davis (Portland, 1939, reprinted Baltimore, 1988), p. 322.
Robert Charles Anderson The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635 (NEHGS, Boston, 2003), Vol. III: 452-460. [Hull]
John Hayes of Dover, New Hampshire; A Book of His Family by Katharine F. Richmond, 2 vols. (Tyngsboro, MA, 1936).
Heard-Hayes Family Bible: An Annotated Guide, by Martin E. Hollick, New Hampshire Genealogical Record 23 (2006):15-26.
Searching for the Parents of Polly B. (Dudley) (Daniels) Learned, by Martin E. Hollick, New Hampshire Genealogical Record, Vol. 20 (2003):141-150.