1. William Learned was born about 1581 and died 1 March 1645/6 at Woburn, Massachusetts. He married 22 April 1606 at St. Olave, Southwark, Surrey, England, Godethe Gilman, born about 1586 and died after 1632 likely in Charlestown, Massachusetts. William married secondly, sometime after 1632, Jane (---) who died at Woburn on 24 January 1660/1. By his first wife William had six children: Sarah, Bethia, Mary, Abigail, Elizabeth, and Isaac.
2. Isaac Learned was born 25 February 1623/4 at Bermondsey, Surrey, England and died 27 November 1657 at Chelmsford, Massachsuetts. He married 9 July 1646 at Woburn, Massachusetts, Mary Stearns, born 26 January 1626/7 at Nayland, Suffolk, England and died 8 January 1663/4 at Chelmsford, Massachusetts, daughter of Isaac and Mary (Barker) Stearns. Isaac and Mary had six children: Mary, Hannah, William, Sarah, Isaac, and Benoni.
3. Benoni Learned was born 4 December 1657 at Chelmsford, Massachusetts and died 10 April 1738 at Sherborn, Massachusetts. He married 18 June 1680 at Sherborn, Mary Fanning born 27 October 1662 at Sherborn and died there 14 October 1688, daughter of Thomas and Elizabeth (Daniel) Fanning. Benoni and Mary and three children Thomas, Benjamin, and Mary. Benoni married secondly, about 1689, Sarah Wright, born 17 January 1664/5 at Sudbury, Massachusetts and died 25 January 1736/7 at Sherborn, daughter of Edward and Hannah (Upson) Wright. Benoni and Sarah had nine children: Hannah, Sarah, Elizabeth, John, Tabitha, Abigail, Thankful, Edward, and Bathsheba. Benoni was a legislator for Sherborn in 1701.
4. Edward Learned was born 2 December 1705 at Sherborn, Massachusetts and died there 9 September 1775. He married at Sherborn 25 December 1728, Sarah Leland, born 15 August 1710 at Sherborn, Massachusetts and died there 17 March 1735/6, daughter of Henry and Mary (Morse) Leland. Edward and Sarah had three children: Mary, Sarah, and Daniel. Edward married secondly about 1737 Abigail Moore, born 18 October 1712 at Sudbury, Massachusetts and died 22 September 1745 at Sherborn, daughter of Daniel and Mary (Whitney) Moore. Edward and Abigail had four children: John, Abigail, Benjamin, and Abigail. Edward married for the third time on 25 August 1748 at Sherborn, Sarah Fuller, born 10 October 1720 at Newton, Massachusetts and died 11 January 1783 at Sherborn, daughter of Jonathan and Sarah (Merrick) Fuller. Edward's probate is in Middlesex County Probate #13846.
5. Benjamin Learned was born 23 July 1741 at Sherborn, Massachusetts and died 5 September 1818 at Dublin, New Hampshire. He married at Dublin on 11 April 1765, Elizabeth Wilson, born 1742 and died 12 March 1771 at Dublin, New Hampshire. Benjamin and Elizabeth had three children: John Wilson, Benjamin, and Samuel. Benjamin married secondly at Dublin on 31 October 1771, Margaret Swan, born 27 October 1751 at Peterborough, New Hampshire and died at Dublin on 16 January 1818, daughter of William and Mary (Russell) Swan. Benjamin and Margaret had twelve children: Eli, Moses, Joseph, Abigail, Amos, Betsey, Thaddeus, Jesse, David, Reuben, Polly, and Samuel.
6. Amos Learned was born 1 September 1780 at Dublin, New Hampshire and died after 1855 when he appears in the Massachusetts State Census in Hopkinton. He married 10 December 1818 at Dublin, Polly B. Daniels who may be Daniels or Dudley, born about 1787 and dies after 1850 when she appears in the U.S. Census at Canton, Maine, but likely before 1855, when her husband is enumerated alone. Amos and Polly had six children first two born at Dublin, the last four at Weld, Maine: Amos, Louisa F., Jesse, Josiah Dudley, Calvin Sanger, and Abiah Russell.
7. Abiah Russell Learned was born 5 June 1830 at Weld, Maine and died 5 January 1926 at Corinna, Maine. She married 31 December 1846 at Holliston, Massachusetts, Benjamin Wingate Hurd, born June 1824 at Rochester, New Hamsphire and died 12 March 1904 at Quindaro Township, Kansas, son of Frederick and Nancy Ann (Hayes) Heard. Abiah and Benjamin had four daughters: Mary F., Sarah Ann, Olive Ann, and Sarah Jane. They separated in 1860. Abiah married secondly 8 August 1869 at Errol, New Hampshire, Samuel Sargent, born 30 September 1836 at Errol and died 8 August 1913 at Weld, Maine, son of Enoch and Susan (Sweat) Sargent. Abiah and Samuel had two more daughter: Nellie J. and Susan A.
The Learned Family in America 1630-1967 by Eugenia Learned James (US, 1967).
Robert Charles Anderson The Great Migration Begins; Immigrants to New England 1620-1633 (NEHGS, Boston, 1995) II:1164-6. [Learned]
The Ancestry of Eva Belle Kempton IV: The Ancestry of Linda Anna Powers by Dean Crawford Smith and Melinde Lutz Sanborn (NEHGS, Boston, 2001), p. 429-450.
NEHGS NEXUS Vol. VII (1990):17. [article on the name Benoni]
Legislators of the Massachusetts General Court 1691-1780: A Biographical Dictionary by John A. Schutz (Northeastern U. Press, Boston, 1997).
The History of Dublin, New Hampshire by Rev. Levi W. Leonard & Rev. Josiah L. Seward (Dublin, NH, 1920). [Learned, pp. 805-11]
John Swan c. 1695 - c. 1780 of Stow and Lunenberg, Massachusetts and Peterborough, New Hampshire and Descendants by Alice L. Priest (typescript, Brookline, MA 1934).
Searching for the Parents of Polly B. (Dudley) (Daniels) Learned, by Martin E. Hollick, New Hampshire Genealogical Record, Vol. 20 (2003):141-150.
Sargent Record by Edwin Everett Sargent (St. Johnsbury, VT, Caledonian, 1899)(Entry #1111)