This is the second family for which I wrote an English origins article. It is coincidental that the surnames are so close in alphabetical order (Dowse, Dudley).
1. John Dudley born say 1505 and died after 1544 at Dorking, Surrey, England. He had four children: Miles, Thomas, Joane, and Elizabeth.
2. Miles Dudley was born about 1530 and was buried 4 May 1597 at Dorking, Surrey. He married first at Dorking 12 June 1553 Elizabeth Heabor, born about 1530 and buried at Dorking 19 January 1560/1. Miles married secondly 7 September 1561 at Dorking, Alice Pearse, born say 1535 and died before 1597. Miles married for the third time Julian (---) whom he names in his will and who was buried at Dorking on 12 August 1608. By his first wife, Miles had John, Joane, and William. By his second wife he had Joane, William, Thomas, Alice, William, Jasper, Miles, Richard, and Ursula.
3. William Dudley was born February 1568/9 at Dorking and was buried there 4 April 1612. He married on 23 September 1594 at Dorking, Eleanor Hooker, baptized at Dorking 1 May 1571 and died September 1643, daughter of John and Annys (Taylor) Hooker. Eleanor married secondly at Dorking on 17 September 1616, Richard Peter who died 1632. William and Eleanor had seven children: Helen, Miles, Elizabeth, Joane, Alice, Helen, and William.
4. William Dudley (Jr.) was baptized 22 January 1608/9 at Dorking and died 16 March 1684 at Guilford, Connecticut. He married at Ockley, Surrey on 24 August 1636, Jane Lutman, born about 1615 and died about 1674 at Guildford, daughter of William and Jane (Hastings) Lutman. William and Jane had four children: William, Joseph, Ruth and Deborah.
5. William Dudley (III) was traditionally born at sea on 8 Septembeer 1639 and died before 29 May 1701 at Saybrook, Connecticut. He married at Saybrook on 4 November 1661, Mary Roe, born about 1643 at Weymouth, Massachusetts, died about May 1728 at New London, Connecticut, daughter of Hugh and Abigail (---) Roe. Mary married secondly about 1702 Richard Dart who died 24 September 1724 at New London, Connecticut. William was a cordwainer. William and Mary had eleven children: Mary, William, Abigail, Joseph, Deborah, Samuel, Joseph, Sarah, Elizabeth, Daniel and Mehitable.
6. Daniel Dudley was born about 1680 at Saybrook and died there about August 1767. He married there on 12 September 1714, Deborah Buell, born 24 January 1693 at Killingworth, Connecticut and died 6 February 1789 Newport, New Hampshire, daughter of Samuel and Judith (Stevens) Buell. Daniel and Deborah had four children: Daniel, Lucia, Deborah, and Lucy.
7. Daniel Dudley (Jr.) was born 29 July 1719 at Saybrook, Connecticut and died 12 February 1811 at Newport, New Hampshire. He married at Saybrook on 5 November 1741, Susanna Chatfield, born 15 March 1723/4 at Killingworth, Connecticut and died 6 August 1791 at Newport, New Hampshire, daughter of John and Abigail (Arnold) Chatfield. Daniel and Susana had nine children: Susana, Josiah, Deborah, Chloe, Daniel, John, Elias, Ezra, and Anne.
8. Josiah Dudley was born 27 December 1745 at Saybrook, Connecticut and died after 1820. He married at Westbrook, Connecticut 6 November 1774, Elizabeth Denison, born 21 August 1756 at Saybrook and died after 1820, daughter of Gideon and Elizabeth (Chalker) Denison. Josiah and Elizabeth had seven and possibly eight children: Jeremiah, Elizabeth (Betty), Josiah, Clarissa, Anna, George, Minerva and possibly Polly.
9. Polly B. Dudley or possibly Daniels was born about 1787 in New Hampshire and died after 20 August 1850 in Canton, Maine. She married on 10 December 1818 at Dublin, New Hampshire, Amos Learned, born Dublin 1 September 1780, died after 1855, son of Benjamin and Margaret (Swan) Learned. Polly and Amos had six children: Amos, Louisa F., Jesse, Josiah Dudley, Calvin Sanger, and Abiah Russell.
“The English Origins of William Dudley of Guilford, CT” by Martin E. Hollick The American Genealogist 82 (2007):63-75.
History of the Dudley Family with Genealogical Tables, Pedigrees, etc. by Dean Dudley (Wakefield, MA 1892).
The Ancestry of Thomas Chalmers Brainerd by Thomas C. Brainerd; edited by Donald Lines Jacobus (Montreal, 1948), p.112-114, 250-1.
“The Families of Hugh Roe and William Dudley” by George M. Roberts, The American Genealogist 10 (1934):73-8.
New Hampshire Families in 1790 Volume 1, ed. Diane Gravel and David Watson Kruger (Concord, NH, NHSOG, 2007).
Searching for the Parents of Polly B. (Dudley) (Daniels) Learned, by Martin E. Hollick, New Hampshire Genealogical Record, Vol. 20 (2003):141-150.