1. Robert Mendum was born about 1604 and died May 1682 in Kittery, Maine. He married before 1639 in Plymouth, Massachusetts, Mary (---) who died before 1658 at Kittery, Maine. He married secondly Judith (---). Robert was an tavern keeeper. By his first wife he had two children: Jonathan and Sarah.
2. Jonathan Mendum was born about 1650 at Kittery, Maine and died there before 1693. He married about 1672 Mary Raynes, born about 1652 and died after 1699, daughter of Francis and Eleanor (---) Raynes. Jonathan and Mary had five children: Robert, David, Jonathan, Dorothy, and Nathaniel.
3. Jonathan Mendum (Jr.) was born about 1680 at Kittery, Maine and died there before 1719. He married about 1700 at Kittery, Sarah Downing born about 1680 and died after 1726, daughter of Joshua and Patience (Hatch) Downing. Sarah married secondly Joseph Curtis on 7 May 1719 at Kittery. Jonathan was a shipwright. Jonathan and Sarah had eight children: Patience, Mary, Jonathan, Alice, Dorothy, Robert, Joshua Downing, and David.
4. Jonathan Mendum (III) was born about 1705 at Kittery and died there December 1762. He married first on 17 April 1727 at Kittery, Mary Fernald, born 13 March 1711 at Portsmouth, New Hampshire and died before 1744, daughter of William and Elizabeth (Cotton) Fernald. Jonathan married secondly on 17 April 1744 at Kittery, Rachel Powers, born about 1720 and died after 1763. By his first wife, Jonathan had six children: Jonathan, William, Mary, Dorothy, Joshua, and Sarah. With his second wife Jonathan had two more children: Patience and Robert. Jonathan was a shipwright like his father.
5. Mary Mendum was born 20 March 1736 at Portsmouth, New Hampshire and died there 22 April 17 76. She married on 25 January 1755 at Kittery, Maine, Benjamin Yeaton, born about 1734 at Somersworth, New Hampshire and died after 1794, son of John and Elizabeth (Wentworth) Yeaton. Benjamin was a housewright or joiner. Benjamin married secondly on 24 October 1779 at Greenland, New Hampshire, Mary Odiorne, the widow of Josiah Akerman of Portsmouth. She was the probable daughter of Ebenezer and Catherine (Sherburne) Odiorne. Benjamin and Mary had six children: Benjamin, Adington Davenport, Sarah, Jonathan, Thales Greenwood, and Mary.
Robert Charles Anderson The Great Migration Begins; Immigrants to New England 1620-1633 (NEHGS, Boston, 1995), II:1251-55.
Genealogical Dictionary of ME and NH by Sybil Noyes, Charles Thornton Libby, and Walter Goodwin Davis (Portland, 1939, reprinted Baltimore, 1988), p. 475-6.
Old Kittery and her families by Everett S. Stackpole (Lewiston, ME: Press of Lewiston Journal Company, 1903), p. 605-6.
Who Were the Parents of Hopley Yeaton, by Martin E. Hollick, New Hampshire Genealogical Record, Vol. 20 (2003):49-56.