This line has always been frustrating for me. The English origins of the immigrant is known, but in each successive generation the wife's maiden name is not known. So, there is this spindly line of Clements going back but nothing shooting off of it. Very sad.
1. Richard Clements born about 1506 at Croft, Leicestershire, England and died there February 1571. He married about 1535, Elizabeth (---) who survived him. Richard and Elizabeth had five children: Robert, Edward, Isabel, Mary and Richard.
2. Robert Clements born about 1536 at Croft, Leicestershire, was buried there 26 June 1606. He married about 1568, Alice (---) born say 1548 and died at Croft in November 1585. Robert married secondly a Margaret (---) who survived him. Robert and Alice had eight children: Roger, Jane, Isabel, Robert, Thomas, Richard, John and James.
3. Richard Clements born about 1570 at Croft, Leicestershire, was buried 18 July 1617 at Cosby, Leicestershire. He married at Cosby on 2 March 1594/5, Agnes (---) Fellows who died in 1619 at Huncote, Leicestershire. Richard and Agnes had two children: Robert and Ann.
4. Robert Clements born 14 December 1595 at Cosby, Leicestershire, England and died 29 September 1658 at Haverhill, Massachusetts. He married before 1615, Lydia (---) who died at Ansley, Warwickshire, England on 12 March 1642. Robert married before 1657 at Haverhill, Judith (---). Judith married secondly at Watertown, Massachusetts on 29 September 1659, as his second wife, John Whitney, son of Thomas and Mary (Bray) Whitney, from whom I also descend through his first marriage. Robert supposedly immigrated in the year 1642. Robert and Lydia Clements had eight children: Job, Lydia, John, Abraham, Daniel, Sarah, Robert, and Mary.
5. Lydia Clements born about 1618 at Huncote, Leicestershire, died Ipswich, Massachusetts 16 January 1675/6. She married about 1644 at Ipswich, Moses Pengry, born about 1611 at Lea, Hereford, England and died 2 January 1695/6 at Ipswich, son of John and Catherine (Bower) Pengry. Moses was a saltmaker and immigrated with his brother Aaron. Moses and Lydia had eight children: Lydia, Sarah, Moses, Aaron, John, Thomas, Mehitable, and Abigail.
Mary Walton Ferris, Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines vol. 1 (1943) and vol. 2 (1931).
Ancestry of Charles Stinson Pillsbury & John Sargent Pillsbury by Mary Lovering Holman (2 vols., 1938), p. 543-558.
Ancestors and Descendants of Robert Clements by P.W. Clement (1927), p. 13-30.