1. John Rider born 24 June 1582 at Aylesbury, England. He married at Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, England 1 November 1600, Helen Smith. John and Helen had five children: Samuel, John, Agnes, Mary, and Elizabeth.
2. Samuel Rider was baptized 19 June 1601 at Newport Pagnell, England and died 2 December 1679 at Yarmouth, Massachusetts. He married 16 October 1628 at Allhallowes Parish, Northampton, England, Anne Gamlett, born about 1608 and died at Plymouth, Massachusetts 14 December 1695. Samuel and Anne had ten children: Jane, a boy, Samuel, Jane, John, Zachariah, Benjamin, Elizabeth, Joseph and Mary.
3. John Rider was baptized 4 December 1636 at Allhallowes Parish, Northampton, England and died 4 January 1705/6 at Yarmouth, Massachusetts. He married about 1663 a woman whose name we do not know. She likely the Mrs. Rider who died at Yarmouth on 23 October 1691. John had seven children: Ebenezer, John, Joseph, Lydia, Hannah, Samuel, and Thankful.
4. John Rider (Jr.) was born about 1667 at Yarmouth, Massachusetts and died there 9 January 1718/9. He married about 1691, Esther Hall, born April 1672 at Yarmouth and died before 1721, daughter of John and Priscilla (Bearse) Hall. John and Esther had eleven children: John, a girl, Samuel, Bethia, Esther, Hannah, Mercy, Zerviah, Nathaniel, Thankful, and Martha.
5. Samuel Rider was born 4 February 1695/6 at Yarmouth, Massachusetts and died at Rochester, Massachusetts before 1772. He married at Harwich, Massachusetts 24 March 1719/20, his second cousin, Rebecca Winslow, born 1696 at Harwich and died September 1790 at Rochester, daughter of Kenelm and Bethia (Hall) Winslow. Samuel and Rebecca had eight children: Samuel, Seth, Rebecca, Bethia, Esther, Lydia, Hannah Jane, and John.
6. Lydia Rider born 6 November 1734 at Yarmouth, Massachusetts, died after 1811 at Liverpool, Nova Scotia, Canada. She married 27 March 1755 at Rochester, Massachusetts, Ebenezer Dexter, born 6 August 1728 at Rochester and died 10 August 1781 at Liverpool, Nova Scotia, son of Benjamin and Hannah (Barrows) Dexter. Lydia and Ebenezer had thirteen children: Hannah, Benjamin, Rebecca, Lydia, Elisha, Ebenezer, Katherine, Enoch, Experience, Samuel, Bethia, Diademia, and Esther.
“Rider Notes: The European Generations” by Richard G. Rider The American Genealogist 43 (1967):117-123.
Mayflower Descendant 11 (1909):49-55.
Preliminary Materials for a Genealogy of the Rider (Ryder) Families in the United States, 2 vols. by Fremont Ryder (1959).
Cape Cod Library of Local History and Genealogy compiled by Leonard H. Smith, Jr. (Genealogical Publishing Co: Baltimore: 1992, 2 vols.) 2:1056-9, 1502-19.
History of Old Yarmouth Comprising the present towns of Yarmouth and Dennis by Charles F. Swift (Yarmouth Port: the author, 1884).
The John Riders of Yarmouth, Massachusetts, by Martin E. Hollick, The American Genealogist 80 (2005):128-39.
Winslow Memorial: Family Records of the Winslows and Their Descendants in America Volume I: Kenelm Winslow by David Parsons Holton (New York, 1877).
The Genealogy of the Dexter Family in America: Descendants of Thomas Dexter by W.A. Worden and R.L. Dexter (1905).