1. John Hapgood born say 1515 and died about June 1564 at Chute, Wiltshire, England. He married Margery (---) who survived him. They had two children: Thomas and Margery.
2. Thomas Hapgood born about 1538 and died March 1589/90 at Chute, Wiltshire, England. He married before 1560, Katherine (Annatts?) born about 1541 and died about 1607 at Chute. They had six children: Thomas, Richard, John, Joane, Edward, and Rowland.
3. Richard Hapgood was born about 1563 and was buried on 1 March 1635/6 at Chute, Wiltshire, England. He married there on 1 October 1587, Hellenor Earle, born say 1567 and buried 10 March 1604/5, daughter of Richard Earle. Richard married secondly 27 May 1605 at Chute, Elizabeth Sakens who died September 1640 at Chute. Richard and Hellenor had six children: Katherine, Bridget, Joane, Magdalene, Thomas, and John. Richard and Elizabeth had Richard, Constance, Edward, Richard, Ann, Silas, Mary, Thomas, and Bridget. That gives Richard a total of 15 children.
4. Thomas Hapgood was born about 1598 and died before 2 March 1674/5 when his will was proved. Married first at Andover, Hampshire, England, Mabel Smith born about 1605 and was buried at Andover 7 January 1639/40. Thomas and Mabel had two children: John and Thomas. Thomas married secondly on 25 October 1641 at Andover, Hampshire, England, Joane Scullard, baptized at Andover 19 July 1612 and died aftert 1650, daughter of Shadrack and Mary (Blake) Scullard. Thomas and Joane had two children: Shadrach and Luke.
5. Shadrach Hapgood was born about 1641 at Andover, Hampshire, England and was killed by Native Americans near Brookfield, Massachusetts on 2 August 1675. He married at Sudbury, Massachusetts 21 October 1664, Elizabeth Treadway, born 3 May 1646 at Watertown, Massachusetts and died after 1691, daughter of Nathaniel and Sufferance (Haynes) Treadway. Elizabeth married secondly on 23 March 1676/7 at Concord, Massachusetts, Joseph Hayward, born 26 April 1643 at Concord and died there 13 October 1714. Shadrach arrived in New England in 1656 on the Speedwell from London. Shadrach and Elizabeth had five children: Nathaniel, Mary, Thomas, Sarah, and Elizabeth.
6. Mary Hapgood was born 2 November 1667 in Sudbury, Massachusetts and died at Sherborn, Massachusetts 13 January 1692/3. She married at Watertown, Massachusetts on 10 April 1688, John Whitney, born 27 June 1662 at Watertown and died 1735 at Wrentham, Massachusetts, son of Jonathan and Lydia (Jones) Whitney. John was a fuller. He married about 1694, Sarah Haven, born 4 June 1665, Lynn, Massachusetts and died 23 April 1718, daughter of Richard and Susanna (---) Haven. John Whitney married thirdly 20 November 1718, Martha (How) Walker who died 14 November 1721. Mary and John had three children: Mary, Elizabeth, and James. John and Sarah had two more children: Lydia and Hannah. It should be noted that Mary's sister, Sarah, married John Whitney's brother, Jonathan.
The Ancestry of Eva Belle Kempton 1878-1908: Part I, The Ancestry of Warren Francis Kempton 1817-1879 by Dean Crawford Smith (Boston, NEHGS, 1996), pp. 311-335.
"Dorothy (--), the key In Our Search For Shadrack Hapgood" by Dean Crawford Smith and Paul C. Reed, New England Historical & Genealogical Register 150 (1996):141-156.
The Descendants of John Whitney, Who Came From London, England, to Watertown, Massachusetts in 1635 by Frederick Clifton Pierce (Chicago, 1895).