Here's a family whose North American members, I've researched, but whose origins I have not researched. Yet, they are given several generations back in England in the Wickwire Genealogy. So, everything before New London, Connecticut should be taken with a grain of salt.
1. Thomas Wickwire born about 1495 and was buried 21 January 1568 at Calne, England. He married about 1520, Jane (---) who was buried at Calne on 7 October 1559. They were the parents of:
2. John Wickwire, born about 1525 and died 29 March 1582/3 at Calne, Wiltshire, England. He married about 1550, Alice Thornhill, born about 1530 and died 24 November 1588 at Calne, daughter of Thomas Thornhill, Esq. They were the parents of:
3. John Wickwire (Jr.) born about 1555 and died 29 March 1626 at Calne, Wiltshire, England. He married about 1579, Elizabeth (---) who died 9 October 1608 at Calne. They were the parents of:
4. John Wickwire (III) was born August 1588 at Calne, England and died 8 May 1657 at Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, England. He married on 20 January 1614 at Calne, Anne Poole. They were the parents of:
5. John Wickwire (IV) was born March 1626 at Calne, England and died 18 July 1657 at Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, England. He married about 1649, Mary (---) who died at Wotton-under-Edge 20 October 1699. Under my notes I have listed that the IGI baptismal extraction for this man lists his father as William. Hence be very cautious with the above outlined pedigree. John and Mary were the parents of:
6. John Wickwire (V) was born 18 May 1656 at Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, England and died about April 1712 at New London, Connecticut. He married at New London on 6 November 1676, Mary Tonge, born 17 September 1656 at New London, died there 20 October 1699, daughter of George and Margery (---) Tonge. John and Mary had eight children: George, Christopher, John, Elizabeth, Jonathan, Peter, Ann, and Phebe.
7. Peter Wickwire was born 2 March 1694 at New London, Connecticut and died there 21 August 1744. He married at New London on 29 February 1720, Patience Chapell, born 1699 and died after 1741, daughter of John and Sarah (Lewis) Chapell. Peter's will is in New London Probate #5706. Peter and Patience had eleven children: Peter, Sarah, George, James, Eunice, Amy, Joseph, Jeremiah, Samuel, John, and Ezekiel.
8. Peter Wickwire (Jr.) was born 11 March 1724 at New London, Connecticut and died 2 February 1803 at Cornwallis, Nova Scotia, Canada. He married about 1747, Rhoda Schofield (Scoville), born about 1724 at Colchester, Connecticut and died 24 September 1802 at Cornwallis, daughter of Arthur and Elizabeth Scoville. Peter and Rhoda had eight children: Rachel, Peter, Asa, Amy, Elizabeth (Betsey), Rhoda, Silas, and Prudence.
9. Prudence Wickwire was born 16 November 1769 at Cornwallis, Nova Scotia, Canada, and died 9 August 1851 at Hopewell, New Brunswick, Canada. She married at Cornwallis on 15 April 1787, James Martin, born 18 July 1759 at County Down, Ireland, died Hopewell on 11 February 1842. James was a surveyor. Prudence and James had eleven children: James, Elizabeth, Asa, Sybil, Andrew, Amy, Thomas, William G., Maria, John, Peter Wickwire.
Genealogy of the Wickwire Family by A.M. Wickwire (1909).
History of Montville, Connecticut from 1640-1896 by H.A. Baker (1896).
Diary of Joshua Hempstead of New London, Connecticut (New London County Historical Society, New London, 1901, reprint 1985).
History of Kings County, Nova Scotia by Arthur W.H. Eaton (Salem, MA, 1910).
“My Umbilical Line” by Martin E. Hollick, NEHGS NEXUS 15 (1998):154-5.
Where They Rest in Peace: A Guided Tour of Seven Historic Cemeteries in Kings County, Nova Scotia by Maynard G. Stevens (Gaspereau Press, 2001), p. 90.