1. George Walton was born about 1615 and died March 1685/6 at Great Island, New Hampshire. He married about 1636, Alice (---) who died after 1686. George was an innkeeper as well as a vintner and tailor. George and Alice had six children: Abishag, Martha, Dorcas, Mary, George, and Shadrach.
2. Shadrach Walton was born about 1657 at New Castle, New Hampshire and died there 3 October 1741. He married about 1678, Mary Nutter, b0rn about 1657 at Dover, New Hampshire and died after 1752, daughter of Anthony and Sarah (Langstaff) Nutter. Shadrach was an innkeeper and merchant. He had seven children: Shadrach, George, Elizabeth, Abigail, Sarah, Mary, and Benjamin.
3. George Walton was born about 1681 at New Castle, New Hampshire and died 13 December 1769 at Newington, New Hampshire. He married about 1702, Frances Allen, born 1680 in London, England and died after 24 September 1764, daughter of Gov. Samuel and Elizabeth (Dowse) Allen. George was an innkeeper like his father and grandfather. He had six children: George, Shadrach, John, Samuel, Elizabeth and Frances.
4. George Walton (Jr.) was born 24 December 1702 at New Castle, New Hampshire and died before 10 August 1782 at Portsmouth, New Hampshire. He married about 1727 Temperance Bickford, born about 1694 in Durham, New Hampshire and died December 1786 at Kittery, Maine, daughter of Benjamin and Sarah (Barsham) Bickford and widow of John Underwood. George and Temperance had at least four children: Jane, George, John, and Temperance.
5. Jane Walton was born about 1727 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and died 1819 at Rochester, New Hampshire. She married about 1748 at Rochester, Reuben Heard, born 2 March 1721/2 at Dover, New Hampshire and died after 1806 at Rochester, son of Tristram and Jane (Snell) Heard. Reuben and Jane had eight children: Shadrach, Meshach, Abendego, Joseph, Jonathan, Elizabeth, Tristram, and Olive.
Genealogical Dictionary of ME and NH by Sybil Noyes, Charles Thornton Libby, and Walter Goodwin Davis (Portland, 1939, reprinted Baltimore, 1988).
Massachusetts and Maine Families in the Ancestry of Walter Goodwin Davis by Walter Goodwin Davis (Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, 1996), 3: 523-33.
The Devil of Great Island: Witchcraft & Conflict in Early New England by Emerson W. Baker (Palgrave McMillan, 2007).
"The English Origins of Elizabeth Dowse, wife of Governor Samuel Allen of New Hampshire," by Martin E. Hollick, The New England Historical & Genealogical Register 162(2008):164-73.
"Heard-Hayes Family Bible: An Annotated Guide," by Martin E. Hollick, New Hampshire Genealogical Record 23 (2006):15-26.
Jane, Wife of Reuben4 Heard of Rochester, New Hampshire: Was she a Walton? An Enigma, by Martin E. Hollick, New Hampshire Genealogical Record 23 (2006): 97-103.