1. John Gardiner was born about 1480. By an unknown wife he was the father of:
2. Robert Gardiner was born about 1505. By an unknown wife he was the father of:
3. Thomas Gardiner was born about 1531 and died in 1590 at London, England. He married at London 27 June 1566, Catherine Denbowe (or Benbowe), born about 1545 and died at London in 1615. Catherine married secondly at London on 28 April 1591, Randall Davenport. Thomas was a grocer. By Catherine he had Thomas, Christopher, and Jeremy.
4. Christopher Gardiner was born about 1570 and died before 6 July 1642 at Edington, Wiltshire, England. He married at London, England 19 June 1595, Jane Topp, born about 1575 and died before 1613, daughter of John and Mary (Hooper) Topp. Christopher married secondly on 15 March 1612/3 at Stockton, Wiltshire, England, Mary Whitaker. Christopher was a gentleman. By his first wife Christopher was the father of six children: Mary, Francis, Thomas, Richard, Christopher, and Anne.
5. Mary Gardiner was baptized 3 August 1596 at Salisbury, England and died before 1664. She married at King's Somborne, Hampshire, England 9 December 1616, Thomas Dowse, baptized 18 February 1595/6 at King's Somborne and died January 1664 at London, England, son of Thomas and (---) Dowse. Thomas was a gentleman. Mary and Thomas had nine children: Thomas, John, Francis, Richard, Anthony, Winifred, Mary, Joane, and Ann.
The English Origins of Elizabeth Dowse, wife of Governor Samuel Allen of New Hampshire, by Martin E. Hollick, The New England Historical & Genealogical Register 162(2008):164-73.
Le Neve’s Pedigrees of the Knights Harleian Society, Volume 8 (1873), p. 96.