1. George Michalecz was born about 1730. At that time there are no less than five George Michalec's being baptized at Myjava. This George is possibly the man who died at Myjava, Slovakia 20 April 1799 aged 70. He married about 1754, Juditha (---). They were the parents of:
2. George Michalecz (Jr.) was baptized 15 July 1754 at Myjava, Slovkia. He married there on 22 June 1784, Juditha Bicsan, baptized 7 April 1760 at Myjava, the daughter of Jan and Juditha (Hradczka) Bicsan. George is possibly the man who died 7 Sept. 1799: “George Michalz circuiter 43 anos natus ab equo per tempora tactus ucidit.” George and Juditha were the parents of:
3. Jan Michalec was baptized 31 October 1785 at Myjava, Slovakia. He married 8 June 1813 at Myjava, Anna Dinzsik, baptized 13 September 1793 at Myjava, daughter of Pavel and Anna (Surin) Dinzsik. Jan is possibly the man who died 18 February 1847 at age 65. Jan and Anna were the parents of:
4. Jan Michalec (Jr.) was baptized 16 May 1822 at Myjava and died after 31 December 1879. He married at Myjava 21 November 1843, Alzbeta Ussak, baptized 16 September 1824 at Myjava, died there 14 September 1886, daughter of Stephan and Juditha (Szoviss) Ussak. Jan and Alzbeta appear in the 1869 Hungarian census at household #1243 at Myjava. There were the parents of Jan and Pavel.
5. Jan Michalec (III) was born 23 February 1850 at Myjava and died there 12 December 1911. He married at Myjava 13 May 1873, Susana Malek, born 23 November 1852 at Myjava and died there 20 March 1923, daughter of Jan and Katharina (Polak) Malek. Jan and Susana had six children: Stefan, Martin, Kristina, Catherine, Elizabeth and Susana.
6. Kristina Michalec was born at Myjava 14 March 1878 and died at Phillipsburg, Pennsylvania on 20 May 1962. She married first at Tura Luka, Slovakia 22 May 1899, Paul Holic, born 4 May 1860 at Tura Luka, died 4 November 1911 at Smoke Run, Pennsylvania, son of Matej and Kristina (Simek) Holic. Together they had six children: John, Elizabeth, Catherine, Stephen, Paul, and Christine. Kristina married secondly on 26 February 1915 at Smoke Run, Pennsylvania, Joseph Vereschak, born 3 July 1856 and died December 1950 at Smoke Run. Joseph was a widower with the following children: Mary, Joseph, David, John (Jack), Edward, and Louis. Kristina and Joseph together had five more children: Irene, George, Victor William, Samuel, and Frank T.
Evangelium (Slovak Lutheran) Church records for Myjava available on microfilm or digitized online at www.familysearch.org.
1869 Hungarian Census for Myjava, Nitra (LDS #2189396).
Marriages of Myjava 1783-1805, p. 370, FHL #2408361.
Death Records from the Lutheran Church at Myjava, Deaths 1872-1897, p. 372.
Death Certificate from Slovak Republic, dated 17 Feb 2011.